Posted by Jennifer (the student) on June 13, 2012
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 2 TBSP A1 sauce
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup finely sliced kale (with stems removed)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion (we like a sweet onion)
- ¼ cup diced macadamia nuts (I used Trader Joe’s dry roasted & unsalted diced)
- 12 oz firm tofu (drained)
- olive oil (for cooking)
- 4 buns/rolls of your choice
- 1 avocado
- 1 TBSP mayonnaise (I used veganaise)
- In medium sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Knead together with hands until blended.
- Shape into patties. Makes 4 to 5 large sliders or 3 to 4 large regular patties.
- Lightly oil a non-stick pan with olive oil and bring to medium heat on stovetop.
- Add patties to pan and brown on both sides. Approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- While patties are cooking toast buns in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine avocado and mayonnaise and set aside.
- Assemble burgers and top with avocado mixture and roasted peppers and/or tomatoes.
*Garnish with: tomatoes and/or roasted red bell peppers