baked potato recipe, baked potato with crispy skin recipe, baked potatoes, baking potatoes in the oven on the rack, fluffy baked potato recipe, potato recipe
I thought I know how to make baked potatoes. I used to make them the same way my mom did by wrapping them in foil. And recently, I had a great potato out at a restaurant and I began to wonder why my potatoes were never as good. Wrapping potatoes in foil steams them and that is why the skins is not crispy and the inside is not fluffy. After some research and a little experimenting, this was the best technique I found.
- 2-4 Medium Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush.
- Puncture the potatoes several times each with a fork or knife.
- Rub olive oil all over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the potatoes well with sea salt.
- Place potatoes in the oven, directly on the rack with a baking pan under to catch any drippings.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes.
- Test the potatoes with a knife or fork, if the potatoes are done the knife or fork will slide out easily.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let then rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with what ever you like. I topped mine with ricotta cheese and green salsa.