My sister made this chicken soup for my mom when she was not feeling well. It was so good I asked her for the recipe. Turns out, it was her own creation. It’s really good!
- 1 quarts chicken broth or stock
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup snow peas or sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup fresh shiitake mushroom caps, cleaned and sliced
- handful of maifun (rice noodles) cut into 3-4 inch strands
- 1 cup small grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped coarsely
- 2 tsp. super thin slices of fresh ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Saute the chicken just until no longer pink in the middle. Set aside and shred when cool.
Heat 2 quarts of chicken broth or stock in a stockpot over medium heat.
Ad the sliced shiitake and rice noodles to the broth and simmer for about 10minutes. Add the shredded chicken, snow or sugar snap peas, grape tomatoes, cilantro and ginger and simmer for another 10 minutes
You can also add other vegetables like bean sprouts, baby corn, or whatever you feel like having. 🙂