Fresh ginger is one of my favorite culinary delights. Ginger is so tasty in so many different types of dishes from sweet to savory. Ginger is an incredible herb that you can feel good about eating because it is so full of health benefits.
Ginger has been used by traditional Indian and Chinese medicine for thousands of years. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcer, anti-oxidant and contains a small amount of analgesic properties.
- Acts as an antihistamine and aids in the treatment of allergies.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Helps to prevent and treat nausea and motion sickness.
- Reduces arthritis caused by joint pain.
- Improves digestion by increasing absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients.
- Clears throat and nasal congestion
- Prevents and treats ulcers by inhibiting the bacteria H. pylori.
- Effective against E. coli induced diarrhea.
- Helps to prevent or treat diabetes by lowering blood sugar, cholesterol, blood fats and protect nerves.
- Increases appetite.
- Helps to reduce gas.
- Improves mood and reduces stress.
These are just a few of the many benefits of ginger. Ginger is a great addition to many dishes but an easy way to add ginger to your diet is to make a tea with ginger. Add a tablespoon of peeled, sliced ginger to boiling water and flavor with fresh lemon and honey. Or go ahead and have that piece of gingerbread.