I am so excited to be participating in my very first Surprise Recipe Swap . Each month Jutta from Hungry Little Girl is hosting a Surprise Recipe Swap, participants are assigned a blog and they then choose a recipe to make and write about in a blog post. This month I was assigned the Hungry Little Girl blog, Jutta has a large selection of all types of recipes. I had a hard time selecting a recipe but I narrowed it down to four recipes: Spinach Spaghetti Casserole, Cheesy Ground Beef Casserole, Pumpkin Pizza and Bacon Parmesan Broiler Avocados. Ultimately, I choose the Bacon Parmesan Broiler Avocados because I thought it was interesting and I had all of the ingredients on hand.
Ingredients (for two servings)
- 2 large avocados
- 3 stripes bacon
- 2 TBSP hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TBSP Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I use Mexican blend)
- Turn your broiler on high
- Cook bacon crispy in the microwave, then cut into small pieces and set aside
- Cut avocados in half and take out the pit, place on a baking sheet
- Make lots of little cuts into each avocado half, so the sauce can get into it
- In a small bowl combine hot sauce, garlic and lemon juice
- Brush each avocado half with it
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese into each whole of the avocados
- Broil for 3 minutes
- Take out and top with bacon pieces and shredded cheese, broil for additional 5 minutes
- Serve and Enjoy!
I really liked this recipe, it was so easy and very flavorful.Participating in the Surprise Recipe Swap was a fun experience and I look forward to joining in each month. Check out the other recipes in the Surprise Recipe Swap! If you are interested in participating, head over to Hungry Little Girl.